Monday, December 08, 2008

Looky what I got!

I was one of several lucky recipients to win a goodie box from Janet Hopkins' "it's all in the details" blog around Thanksgiving. Today I received my mystery box and when I opened it I couldn't believe my eyes. The box contained loads of Little Yellow Bicycle's Frightful Halloween line. It's so fun to look through all the paper, and feel it as well since at least one piece is a flocked spider web and there is a cool shaped paper and just lots of yummy stuff. Plenty of goodies like embellishments, chipboard letters, a black chipboard book, stickers, rub ons and just lots of fun stuff! Thanks to Janet for sharing the love!
I also opened a box that I had received over the weekend and hadn't had time to open it of Cuttlebug goodies that I had ordered on Thanksgiving day through Creative Express. They were having a fabulous 40% off sale and I was able to purchase the embossing folders and dies that I wanted and that I cannot purchase locally so that was the only Holiday weekend shopping we did here at our house. (Well, besides the car we purchased!) Oh goodness I cannot wait to put this stuff to use. I have seen so many fun things done with my Cuttlebug that I am just jonesing to spend some time playing around and if you can see at the top center my beautiful crown die and embossing folder. Of course a princess like me just has to own that combo! If I could tack on about 6 more hours to my day I would probably be able to spend time in my art room but since I am still really trying to get back to normal after the two surgeries and fighting the fatigue/exhaustion I don't find myself doing a whole lot of anything other than what needs to be done. I also have been putting in twice the hours I had been previous to the surgeries and believe me when I say I have been working a lot lately. I'm trying to make up for the unexpected 5 lost weeks. Not exactly the best time for me to be off of work but I am so grateful that I was able to be off and take the time to recover that I needed to since I had not been able to do that after my two previous surgeries and also that my job doesn't get excited about it and are completely understanding. Strangely enough I do have job security!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...