Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creating

Recently I tested the waters of creativity for a Design Team Audition over at BoBunny and here is what I came up with:
I submitted a layout.....
My favorite parts of this layout were the layering of the rub-ons as well as adding rub-ons to the button and also making a custom button using Glossy Accents and patterned paper. I also enjoy the distressed, rumpled look of the paper coupled with the fresh, non-distressed paper. The 3-D butterfly made by layering two butterflies using the Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch is pretty cute, too!

a card.....
My favorites on this card was that I took a button and covered it with a cardstock sticker (after notching it all the way around so it would not pucker when I folded the sticker around the bottom of the button) which added punch to the 3-D flower cut from the patterned paper then rolling the petals inward and layering different sizes. I also distressed the the letters and border which gives it a fun look. The surf boards were placed onto thin cardboard, cut out for a 3-D look and also distressed.
and a home decor project.
I love using rub-ons on glass. This frame is a floating frame which really adds to the depth of the rub-ons when sandwiched between the glass. I enjoy making flowers and though I usually punch out circles using my punches or my Cuttlebug with the nesting circle die the patterned paper I was using had circle flowers all over it so I just hand cut them all, which then gave them little petals, layered the different sizes and stuck a little pearl bling in the center.

I know that there had to be many, many superior entries so now the waiting begins. Whether I make it or not, just knowing I went for it is the most important thing. And secretly my fingers and toes are crossed at all times!

2 comments:

donna joy said...

Good luck!

Suzette said...

Your stuff is supper cute and kudos for you for having submitting to be on the team. You go girl. Love the frame!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...