Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

(via Sweet Petula)
Today is Father's Day.
I wish I could be with my dad today to celebrate 'his' day in style, to dote on him as it is his day and to tell him how much he means to me and that I love him so much more than he will ever know.

I wish I could be with my dad today to tell him that the woman I am is due to the things that he taught me and that HE is my HERO.  I will never stop learning from him.

I wish I could be with my dad today so that I could hug him and feel his strong arms wrapped around me for just a moment.  

I wish I could be with my dad today so that I could hear his voice, in person, while he plays his guitar and sings.  I want to listen to his jokes, his stories and just spend time with him.


Happy Father's Day, dad.

And happy Father's Day to "the husband", the man who stepped in and took on the role of dad to my precious children, the only father they will ever know.  We all love you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...