Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas


 
via here

I couldn't let the end of the year go by without at least jumping on and wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.  2011 has been a really crazy ride and I do hope that with the new year just around the corner things will be a little bit more laid back.  Actually, who am I kidding?  Really, just when I think things will settle down something else jumps out in front of me and kicks me in the teeth so I'm sort of used to the pace and the lifestyle...just trying to find my center.

A little recap of the past few months:
September found the hubby and I traveling to Hot Springs, AR for a little R&R as we spent our anniversary in a quaint B&B called the 1890 Williams House.  It was truly divine.  Heck, we loved it so much we ended up staying an extra day.  We sampled all sorts of yummy food and spent time on the porches of the house.  We were within walking distance to downtown and even had an afternoon at the spa.  We had dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf on the lake.  We took a duck tour which was the first thing we did when we arrived and it was so much fun and really informative.  We even brought back spring water and the taste of it is definitely one you can taste.  The springs coming out of the ground are really, really hot.  We went to the Hot Springs Mountain Tower and checked out what we could see for miles.  Absolutely gorgeous green trees for miles and miles.  We had a wonderful trip and would love to go back soon.

Our son also started college in September and so begins another chapter in our lives.

In October I ran the Santa Fe 5k in 32:49.  Definitely ran it below what I set out to run it in.  I was so proud of myself.

We also had four Halloween parties to attend in October.  It was quite a busy month with those on the calendar.  I can honestly say by the end of the party line I was totally sick of my costume.

November wasn't overly exciting.  Thanksgiving was quiet, as it always is.  I ended up seeing an orthopaedic doctor for my leg at the end of the month and was diagnosed with hamstring and Achilles' tendonitis as well as an Achilles' strain.  I'm currently nursing my leg and haven't ran since November 18th which is totally irritating to me, especially because I had upped my mileage and my time had gotten much better.  Nothing like having to start from scratch when I can finally run again.  I've also been really lazy and haven't drug myself to the gym and I SO need to go.  I can really tell I haven't done anything at all and it's starting to bug me big time.  I would be doing my Jillian DVDs but I can't really do anything that is high impact and that pretty much excludes every single DVD I own so it's either ride my bike or go for a walk or go to the gym and ride the stationary bike, walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical.  Choices, choices.  I'm also so much more mindful of the food I put in my mouth when I'm working out as opposed to when I'm not.  I need to get better about that.

December has also been a bit uneventful.  I lost a friend last week.  I was unable to make it home to the funeral which saddened me but sometimes things cannot be helped and this was one of those cases.  Mother Nature isn't very nice when winter rolls round and going alone driving in winter weather isn't exactly the smartest choice so I opted to stay home where I was safe. There are a few other things on the burner at the moment but those are to be kept quiet for now.  Don't want to jinx anything anymore than I may have already done so I'm just going to continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed and see what happens.

Christmas is less than two days away.  I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Hold your loved ones close, cherish each and every moment you have with them and don't forget to tell people how you really feel about them.  We have but only moments....don't waste them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas Princess!
May all our dreams come true in 2012

donna joy said...

OMG she blogged :)

Stella said...

O so a cuteee blog *___*
Wow, I love it :)

Greetings from Germay ^^

http://feather-wings-fashion.blogspot.com/

kristine said...

Great post! I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Thanks for everything. Keep it up the good work...More powers to your blog..

- kristine of website design

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...