Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another day, nothing but lunch with a friend accomplished. I didn't even get the phone calls made I needed to make. I think I've settled into these few days of no work and used them to the fullest. I did manage to get laundry done, I watched a few shows off my two TiVos and made a trip to the supermarket but I just couldn't get motivated enough to do some of the other things I should have tackled. I've also got this aversion to going into my art room to work. I am not really sure what is keeping me from my paper paradise but the fact that I have not a clue where to begin. I have acquired so much stuff the last few years (my mantra is I might not use it now but I will be ready) that it almost seems as if the room may come down on me when I step in there. I wanted to paint the room during these few days off but really didn't want to haul everything out of it. Don't get me wrong, my art room is the only place I truly want to be (I don't even have the desire to go to the mall, which is strange for me) but I just can't take the steps to enter for the purpose other than to open the windows and throw more stuff on the bed. What is wrong with me?

On another note, I am so happy to be home and so thankful that I can be here for the kids. I get this lovely smirk on my face every time I realize I am home and the kids are outside playing with their friends or when I am cooking/baking for my family or doing laundry and keeping up with the house. It still seems so surreal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...