Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Week Flies By...

This week has gone by so quickly. I had an incentive that was in place from this past Monday until today to make extra money if I hit a certain number of pages. I worked my tiny hiney off so that I could earn the extra money. I basically ate, slept, ran my son to and from football practice, went to bootcamp and worked the rest of the time to assure that I would attain that goal. And yes, I did reach that goal. There's a little problem with that though.........when I bypassed my goal on Friday I took a little trip to Frisco so that I could just have a little time to do something fun (ReCollections was calling my name) and decided I would stop at the Family Christian Store in search of a cross for my niece for her baptism. Well, when I returned to the car after starting my search for the perfect baptism gift, I was welcomed with a car that would not start. Well, I guess I know where all the extra money is going that was supposed to pay for the rest of the wedding. Man, let me tell you, that stinks! The blessing of it all was that I was not on the freeway, neither of my kiddos was with me and it wasn't late at night or far from home. There are blessings in those ugly things that happen. Anyway, I had the car towed to the best mechanic in McKinney, Mike at Economy Transmission. That place is wonderful and the service is bar none. I can't say enough good things about it. It, also, is a blessing for me. Mike and his crew have kept my cars on the road and even loaned me the 'Abomindable' when I needed a way to get to work. He is the bomb!!

Well, I never did locate the baptism gift I was looking for but I did drop a load at ReCollections, sort of a drowning of my sorrows if you must, but I had a super time. I picked up some fun new items and I also grabbed some stuff to use for our trip to Jamaica next month for our honeymoon.

It's been a busy weekend for me. Bootcamp yesterday with breakfast (the best migas in the land shared with one of my best buddies) afterwards at The Original Pancake House ~ the best breakfast on the planet and a nice two-hour long nap yesterday afternoon (one I needed very badly) and a trip late in the day to use my straggling coupons at Michaels after Eric returned from work yesterday. (Remember, down to one car right now.) I love using coupons since I can buy so much more with the money I save. I am a coupon whore. I have a binder with baseball card sleeves that is divided into categories that I use to do my grocery shopping. I cannot tell you the amount of money I have saved over the years. It is truly wonderful and since beginning the use of the binder it has made the coupon usage much quicker, easier and way more organized that the stupid recipe box I used to use that would undoubtedly end up on the floor at the grocery store. The system I use now is just glance and go. Sweet!

Today brought a much-needed trip to Lifetime to run. It's been at least three weeks since I last ran and it's been mostly becuase I have been lazy and busy. The weather was much cooler so I would run outside after being cooped up in the house working. The days are getting shorter again which means the darkness falls much earlier again and in the past couple years I have not felt as safe when running alone. I do take my pepper spray anytime I go running alone, daylight or not, but the dark just seems to scream something I don't like acknowledging. In fact, last Saturday as Tanner and I were driving to meet Trisha for bootcamp as we passed by the Shell station less than 1/4 mile from my house a murder was taking place. Imagine my surprise to realize that as I was driving past there, or shortly thereafter, someone was murdered with the shooter committing suicide. I can't tell you how many times since then I have stopped and thanked my lucky stars that I did not have to stop there on my way to the other side of town. And to know this happened so close to my home and so close in proximity to where I was. The only thing that soothes my soul is knowing that this was not just a random killing, it was definitely two people who knew each other so at least I can put that thought to rest. That's just creepy to me. Eeeck......... Anyway, we had some lunch at Lifetime, returned home for a quick shower and went to catch the movie The Bourne Ultimatum. It was wonderful, gripping and even better than the first two. I've also been working on some laundry and watching some Big Brother 8 on the live feed. I am so addicted to that show - I absolutely love Dick and Danielle. I can really relate to them on a personal level. We also got the music for the wedding in order. Now just to make a playlist then that portion is all complete. Things are definitely coming together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...