Saturday, August 04, 2007



AS PROMISED..........

I am adding a few photos of our trip to San Antonio last month. I have been having problems trying to load the photos to the blog post and have them appear in various places throughout the post. Okay, as I am posting multiple photos I have having issues with the photos appearing just as I stated I wanted them, at various places throughout the post. What is up with that. I researched through the FAQs and did not find an answer. One more idea........




It didn't quite work the way I wanted it to work but at least there are photos of our fabulous trip South. The first photo (backwards in the way I posted them to the blog) is of the taxis and tour boats at the Riverwalk. The Riverwalk is so peaceful when you are on the taxi just touring around and looking at the beautiful scenery. There is much more to the Riverwalk than meets the eye from the tour boat. The taxi floater told us that most people do not realize what is beyond the 'circle' of the Riverwalk because they either don't stay at a hotel on that part of the Riverwalk or they don't take the river taxi. It truly was beautiful. If you ever go to San Antonio you must take the Rivertaxi. For $10 you can have an entire 24-hours to ride the taxi as many times as you want and it goes 24 hours from the time you purchase your ticket. It's awesome. The tour boats are just that, a tour of the actual Riverwalk which is just the foodie places and some of the amazing hotels along the Riverwalk. It's cool too but honestly, I enjoyed the Rivertaxi much more than I think I would have enjoyed the cramped tour boat.

The second photo is what my Junior Mint martini looked like from Swig. I absolutely loved this place and wanted to go back so badly Thursday but here's a little secret.....sssshhhhh....promise not to tell?.....okay, I had a bit too much to drink on Wednesday so i wasn't up to drinking much on our second day there. I had a Flirtini and Eric had a Bananabu Martini in addition to our Junior Mint. They were both yummy. Man, I could use another Junior Mint right now.

We also went to the Naked Inguana and had a Horny Margarita which was not as good as I had hoped it would be. They served us chips and salsa and they were the worst we had ever had anywhere. In addition to that, our hotel, the Riverwalk Vista (the absolute best place in the world), had wine at 5 p.m. so I mixed a little bit of that in there as well so needless to say, I was having a good old time!



Next is what makes San Antonio famous besides the Spurs, the Alamo. I have to admit, this place was much more in the way of beautiful than I had imagined. I will say that I was very glad that I went because I was not the least bit interested in seeing some old building that meant absolutely nothing to me (beings I am a South Dakota girl) but it was very cool. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, much in the way the Dallas Arboretum is but in a smaller scale. It is perfect for a picnic lunch and some quiet time with that special someone. It's almost like you've stepped away from the city momentarily. There were no cameras allowed inside so there aren't any photos of the inside to share. We got their fairly early in the morning so the line was not very long though I overheard people in front of us saying that the line is usually out the door.

The last two photos are of our room. Very cool place with an amazing breakfast served each morning and every day something different is served. Fresh baked cookies are served each day at 3 p.m. If you look closely in the photo of our bed you can see the bear that was waiting for our arrival and to help us feel more like we were home. Needless to say, we took him home! There was also what they called a Therafish in the room as well which was very neat. He was a Beta and he truly did add that extra special touch since we have one at home. They had robes and slate bathroom/shower and a great library of old movies which we checked out. The World's Thinnest Cookies were beside our bed each night as a little tuck-me-in treat and they were wonderful. All I can say is that it was a great place with such amazing character. The building is 120 years old so all the antiquey things they had displayed there were just calling my name. There was this amazing bird house that I so wanted to take home......We are so going back. Oh, and the best thing was they upgraded us to a suite so when we checked in we were surprised. Amazing get away!






I sit here waiting for Eric to get home from work. We had a little malfunction with the car when he was trying to leave......dead battery....not fun. Apparently it was all corroded and not looking good. He tried to clean it off and the wires sparked as he was hooking it back up but it was a no-go. He was lucky enough to find a ride to the local Wally World less than 3 miles away so he didn't have to pay a cab. Then he called to say the brake lights are constantly on. What is up with that? I have never heard of such a thing. Maybe a short or something funky going on......? We'll have to see, hopefully it's just minor and not a huge deal. That car has to last us at least another 6-12 months. (down on my knees prayin'....)

Edit: Eric figured out the problem with the car and it's something incredibly cheap but a stinker to fix because as with all cars, there is very little space to work in. Apparently it is some little plastic piece that makes contact with the brake lights and keeps them off when you do not have your foot on the brake. Sort of how the light in the refrigerator works when the door is closed. Who knew?

1 comment:

A bird in the hand said...

Hi Traci! thanks for visiting my blog. I can't remember the shop in Downtown McKinney that I bought the glove in. I tend to go into all of them!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. My nephew was married in the church in Downtown McKinney almost two years ago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...