Thursday, May 15, 2008


Another week further into 2008......

I hope all the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was uneventful, quiet and peaceful. Eric spoils me way too much but I have to admit that I love it. He and the kids got me an Epson PictureMate Dash photo printer and he sent me flowers. They are gorgeous though the iris and the lilies were not blooming at the same time so I really could not get a good photo of the bouquet to post but here is a photo from the website. It is gorgeous. I hate to admit to this but it is still very hard for me to accept all this love and all the things he gives to me but I imagine it won't be long before I 'expect' all these things and will not give it another thought! I sometimes feel as if I am the luckiest girl in the world but I do know that there are others out there that feel the exact same way so I'll move over and let others have their moment as well!


We have more issues with our roof. Since we just had the radiant barrier put in last November it suffered grave damage when the roof was replaced last month so another adjustment to our claim has to be made. Frustrating!

I've made some major adjustments to my schedule and we will see where that goes. I've struggled to find the time to play in my art room because of all the commitments I made during the week and how they affected my time during the day so I am hoping it will be better than how I have managed things up to this point. All I can say is that right now the flexibility feels a bit better but I sort of feel like I've lost my best friend. Hopefully it will be a good change but time will tell.

I've been cooking again and have been experimenting. I've discovered All Recipes. I'm also kind of liking the Real Simple recipes in the mag every month, too. They don't all appeal to me but I've found some that are just so darn simple and yummy and after searching the website I've found some to add to my recipe box that I will definitely have to try! I've been heavy into soups recently for some strange reason but have found several wonderful recipes and they have definitely been hits at our dinner table. We just had this one the other night and this one last week and this one several months ago. They were all super good and very easy. I made this easy dessert for the kids last weekend and they were gone in a split second! I'll never hear "you're the best, mom" from Tanner too many times!

School will be out soon but that doesn't mean a break for everyone. Tanner will have football all summer long (we have been leaving the house before 6:30 a.m. every day since May 5th so he can be ready for 7 a.m. practice) which means no sleeping in during the summer! Tanner will be 15 this summer so we'll have to start preparing for driving school. That is a very weird concept to digest right now. Can it truly be possible?

My mom agreed to come down and stay with the kids while Eric and I return to Jamaica for our one year anniversary. Hopefully there will be no hurricanes in the Atlantic and my mom will actually make it without some unforeseen circumstance getting in the way. This will be a first for her so I'll have to prepare everything for her before I leave for CE08 since I'll be returning from Phoenix only hours before turning around and leaving the house for the airport again. I'm already stressing out just a bit about being gone for nearly two weeks and missing two football games. I am praying that this will be a year of no injuries and more wins.

1 comment:

A mom said...

Happy Belated Mothers day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...