Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September is here

I am typing this while I am sitting in the free Wi-Fi area (it's actually the bar/lobby area) of the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass resort checking e-mail and catching up on my blog reading. It's peaceful with the sound of a waterfall in the background. I don't have any eye candy to attach since I took zero photos. Trisha and I caught a Southwest Airlines flight out to Phoenix early this afternoon. We're gearing up for Creative Escape 08. There was a little bit of a hold-your-breath experience while retriving the luggage. I was missing a piece of luggage with all my supplies contained within. We just sat there watching the belt go round and round without my luggage appearing. I was starting to get a bit nervous when finally around the corner it came. I was about to blow a gasket and am so glad that it all turned out ok.

We came out a day and a half early so we could partake in the bus tour. At 8:30 in the morning we head out on a bus tour to the Bazzill warehouse and then over to Scrapbooks, Etc. I'm excited to see the Bazzill facilities and to check out a LSS. I'll give you the details next time.

The resort is really nice. Apparently the New York Giants stayed here last year for the superbowl. I can see why. Very serene and peaceful.

The ride from Sky Harbor Airport was interesting. The driver of the Super Shuttle had all of us a tad bit worried that we wouldn't reach the resort alive. So we did what all tourists do - we sat back, we shut up and we prayed we would not be involved in a 10-car pile up that amounted to all of our supplies being strewn across the 10 freeway. It's been roughly 30 years since I've been to Phoenix and while I cannot retrieve anything from that experience other than being with my aunts and uncles and their Dependable Cable Company it's still as hot as I remember although the dry heat is much easier to tolerate than the wet and damp heat we experience in Texas. I did pass the exit for Los Angeles and had a strange thought of doing something that I would typically never doo. I wanted so badly to grab the steering wheel, open the door and push out the driver of the Super Shuttle while driving down the 10 and hijack that van to L.A. Not sure what came over me just then but I really want to go.

It's been a long day and I'm ready to turn in. I think I'll head back to the room and get ready for bed. My laptop is due to die any minute so I guess it's time. I hope to have photos to add to my next post.

Nighty-night.

2 comments:

donna joy said...

have fun!!! and post pictures!

Michelle said...

Dream
Design
Create
Be Inspired
Can't wait to hear all about it.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...