Monday, January 05, 2009

32 degrees

A little ice storm has been making its way through our area today. The temps have been relatively mild, hovering right around the freezing point, obviously cold enough to freeze. I realize that it doesn't appear to look like a whole lot of BAD but it is a welcome sight for me. It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling of home and growing up and how it felt to be 'in' those moments. Honestly it looks quite tame by my standards, and truly is, but that goes without saying being from South Dakota and growing up with the harsh temperatures and frozen precip during the winter, which my kiddos inherited my love of. It is something you just live with when you come from the North.

If only we could have a little bit of the white stuff to play in. I'm still jonesing to break out that sled hanging on the garage wall! A girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

Rhonna Farrer said...

Thanks so much for visiting! Hope your holidays were amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...