Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

 
This is what we woke up to today.  

It started snowing about 3 a.m. this morning and by the time I sent my little snow angel to school this morning we had about an inch.  The snow hasn't let up and it's 10:15 p.m. and we're sitting at roughly 7.5 inches right now so I am convinced at this point we will see at least another few inches of snow by the time we wake up in the morning.  They say it will snow at least until 3 a.m.  It's the most snow the Dallas area has had in a measurable day ever and the second snowiest February on record.  All I can say is I am l♥ving it!  School was called off tomorrow even before the kids were let out of school this afternoon.  The icy conditions are expected to make things quite treacherous around here in the morning.  All I can say is everyone should spend a winter where it snows for months on end!  What an eye opening experience it would be!

Needless to say being a Northern girl I had to get my fix of snowmen and catching snowflakes on my tongue so the kids and I ventured out for a little of this:


 with the end result being this:


and this:


A little snowman ♥ from my little snow angel.
  
(boy, I'm looking a little tired....wonder why that may be?  amazing what seeing a picture of yourself will allow you to see.  ouch!)

We had so much fun playing and building.  Our biggest regret was that we had no carrots for the nose so we used bigger pieces of mulch from the flower bed and nothing is excluded from sacrificing so I chopped a couple branches off the holly berry bushes for arms.  Way too much fun.

Here is a little peek at what I've been creating for the store recently.

 
  
  

  
 

 Would you believe I cannot remember the manufacturer of the paper.  Yikes!  It's been a few weeks since I created these so my memory is a little overrun by everything else I've been doing.  Speaking of which, still doing my best to try to sort out what has become what I call my work.  Feast or famine is the best way to describe it and it consumes nearly every waking moment.  Aack!

Have a beautiful Valentine's Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...