Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has arrived.....

albeit in a very blustery and wintery way!  I believed.....and it happened again!  (eta:  we got 8") Who would have thunk that this late in the year we would have snow.  Certainly not I, who is one of snows biggest fans and definitely not in Texas!  We will be heading out to play once the kids get up.  One last snowman and snow angel fix and maybe I can hold out until next winter.

Sunday evening of opening weekend we snuck out of the house to go see Alice in Wonderland in 3D.  Although I was still in a good amount of pain I was not going to let anything stop me from seeing the movie I have been waiting to see to start my birthday week off with a bang!  It truly did not disappoint.  From the artistry and colors to the beautiful dress Alice wore to, well, just everything about it was truly wonderful.  I just wish I could find myself a bottle like Alice did that says "drink me" which would allow me to grow and shrink as I see fit.
The Queen of Hearts and her really big head was so comical.  She kept screaming "off with his head" which cracked me up every time that phrase crossed her heart-shaped lips.  I just loved how she had a heart outlined on her lips so when they were closed it looked like she truly had lips in the shape of a heart.  She had a very cool wand with a crown at the top as well.  Crown, wands.....love them!  The birds hovered while holding the chandeliers in her castle.....how lovely and so creative.  I wonder if I could find one on Ebay.....they have everything, right?
Tweedledee and Tweedledum....seriously, too funny!  See the flowers in the background with the faces?  Super fun.  Ever detail was tended to.  Visually inspiring.
Alice had such an adventure in Wonderland.  I wish I could have scored an invite to their tea party.  And I still ♥ her dress.
And of course, the ever so hugely talented Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.  This movie would definitely not have been what it was without him. So worth every bit of discomfort I had to endure though I have to say our theater rocks because the seats are incredibly comfy and the arm rests are moveable. And I did have my blanky....it's always so chilly in the theaters here.  I did hear that they plan to release Alice in Wonderland on DVD and Blu-Ray in three months.

all images found on internet

We did make it home in time to see the end of the Oscar's which capped off the evening.  Seeing the first woman, Kathryn Bigelow, receive an Oscar for directing The Hurt Locker (super movie) really is exciting.  And so cool that she was up against her ex, James Cameron for Avatar made her win even more awesome.  Girls...keep reaching for the stars.  This is not just a man's world.

I think it would be so fun to have my own adventure just as Alice had. The imagination is so powerful.  Keep dreaming AND believing.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The snow was so much fun and unexpected! What bliss

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...