Tuesday, November 02, 2010

a wonderfully dreary day

The cold rain, blustery wind and the clouds in the sky make for the perfect day to get cozy and warm and drink my favorite drink of the fall, salted caramel hot cocoa from Starbucks.  Never mind the calories...I always do it skinny and since it only comes round once a season I am okay with going a little overboard.

I decided since it was finally a cool, rainy day that it was the perfect time to whip up some wonderful baked potato soup from allrecipes.com.
I broke out my new black Le Creuset 7-1/4 quart round french oven that I purchased over at the Le Creuset outlet store in Allen about a month ago and went to town.  I absolutely adore this pot and have waited for so long to get one.  It is amazing what a thick bottomed pot will do for your cooking!  Baked potato soup is always a hit with the husband and kids and it's super simple to make plus it leaves the house smelling oh so wonderful.  The icing on the cake is mommy has fun playing with her pot and her littles and the husband are with happy bellies!  Top the soup with some freshly cooked bacon, a little freshly grated cheddar (yes, freshly grated, not the stuff you buy in the packages at the store already grated-yuck!) and some sliced green onions and you're in for a treat.  If you want to add some sour cream to the top of it feel free - it just makes it taste even more like a loaded baked potato.

Have you ever heard of The Brave Girls Club?  If not you need to check them out.  It's two sisters who set out to create something fabulous for us women who want to live the best, happiest, most productive and fabulously bravest life possible.  I get e-mails from them nearly every day and more often than not they speak directly to my soul.  The latest message I got was this:

Dear Beautiful Girl,  (I love how I am referred to as a beautiful girl so often in the e-mails - makes me feel so happy when I wake up and read my e-mail first thing int he morning.)

That thing that's been lingering on your mind, burning in your heart, that scary beautiful thing that you can't get out of your whole soul because it wants to be heard and acted upon. Guess what lovely? It's not going to go away.

It's not going to go away because it's the deepest wisdom and authenticity of you trying to get you on exactly the right track. It is your truth.

What would a leap of faith look like? What is it that is holding you back? Would it be so bad just to take that first step? Would it be so bad to stop and really honor yourself and at least listen to that longing?

This is where your choices will make every difference in the world. This is where the fork in the road just might lead to the place you've been praying to be.

Get quiet, dear friend. Listen closely. Then be brave when you know exactly what to do next but can't quite get the courage to do it. Be brave and go for it, then do it again. Live THAT ONE PRECIOUS LIFE OF YOURS - - really really live it.

It is time.
xoxo


More often than not the messages come at the right time in my life when I need a boost and lately there have been so many changes taking place in mine, and my family's lives, that right now that I'm beginning to sense a pattern to the message.  I am feeling the tide changing, though if you have been reading the winds of change have been blowing in for a while now, and I am not sure which way to go.  I've so many thoughts and emotions going on inside me that sometimes I cannot even make sense of what to do next and as much as I want to hold on to what I have right now I know it will not be possible to do so for much longer so I think it's time to take that leap of faith and see what I can do and finally see if I have wings to fly.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

you amaze me!
can't wait to see how high you fly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...