Sunday, December 09, 2007

16 DAYS AND COUNTING....

I can hardly believe that there are only 16 days until the big guy arrives. I have not made my list which means I have not checked it twice. I need to make that a priority today so that I can actually not be the crazy one running around two days before Christmas trying to figure out what to get my kids.


This is my little baby that I finally finished up Friday night. A new scrapbook store, Scrappin' Bunnies, opened up here in McKinney in mid November while I was in Tampa. I got wind of this while at a class recently over at the now infamous ReCollections. I still cannot believe that they are closing. I still walk around with a wrench in my stomach about this very sore subject. Anyway, I found out that they have a "Page of the Month" contest on the first Saturday of the month. The first 10 people who visit the store and want to play can participate in this challenging little contest. I cannot tell you how good it felt to actually create something that I was so doggone proud of. May sound stupid to most of you but for me, it's quite an achievement. I loved how the layout turned out and how, despite my lack of planning, it actually tells a story. That lone little flower all by itself in the dirt away from the big flowers - grow little flower, grow! I guess that maybe somehow it subconsciously symbolizes how I feel like that lone little flower. I saw all 10 entries into this contest and the winners will be chosen to be on the design team for three months at which time they will rotate out and a new team will be installed. Anyway, after looking at the website it stated that you must use all the elements in the bag but I swore that when I picked up the bag Emily told me that you didn't have to use all of them and that you could use other elements as well that were not included in the bag. Oh well, time will tell. Emily said that she should know within a week who the winners are. Apparently she sends photos of the pages to other actual design teams and they get the fun in choosing the best of the best! Meanwhile I will be waiting patiently......

Last weekend was our monthly Rubberband meeting and I walked away from there with four projects uncompleted, though two are very near completion. It felt so good to create and just be free with what I was doing and not concerned with what I didn't have to work with. That is something I rarely do since I have this problem with perfection.

Perfection is defined as:

* the state of being without a flaw or defect
* paragon: an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept
* the act of making something perfect

Yep, that's me in a nutshell. And don't ask me where I got that from because I will not tell but just let me say that 'the apple never falls far from the tree.' I have a difficult time working elsewhere without all my stuff because I never know just what to take so what ends up happening is that I always take too much of what I don't need and I always have something at home I would like to use but can't since that is where it is, at home, and I am not.

Okay, I'm off to make the world's best banana cream pie for our dessert after my famous homemade pizza tonight and then to write my letter to Santa......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...