Friday, December 14, 2007

Dear Santa......

I've been a good girl all year long
and while there are lots of cool
art tools and papers and things
that I would like to add to my
collection, as well as a super
cool camera for taking photos
and let's not forget
that little blue box that I've wanted
for a long time, (I'll wait on my pink
Vespa) so this may sound silly to you
but all I want for Christmas
is for my hubby to get a job.
Do you think you could place
that under my tree for Christmas, Santa?

Love,
Traci


While I always have a list a mile long of things I would 'like' to have and who doesn't, the only thing I really want for Christmas is for Eric to get a job. Eric has not been to work since the week before our wedding and while I truly do like having him around the house (he's a great helper of all things domestic) the stress has really been getting to me knowing that I am the only one with a paycheck and of course, the reality of the unknown takes a bit out of me as well. Seriously, how many times in my life am I going to have to deal with this kind of situation - it's the fifth time this has happened to me, enough already. After the Texas Workforce Commission tried fighting Eric's ability to obtain unemployment due to the severance package he received from his previous job, they ended up granting it to him. Not sure why that would make any difference anyway, if you don't have a job, you don't have a job and this wasn't his choice. But that is a completely different story that I won't even touch right now and I won't go into all the other details of why this whole thing bothers me but I can't keep this to myself any longer....

Eric got a job yesterday. This has been in the works for the past week or so but after a failed attempt, on the company's end, at a phone interview Tuesday morning they decided to meet with Eric face-to-face and conduct a proper interview. He went to his interview yesterday and a couple hours after he got home yesterday morning they called and asked him to come to work. I cannot tell you how happy we all are that he has a job. He starts on Monday and it is in Irving which is so much closer than downtown Ft. Worth which is where he worked previously. Santa delivered early!!! But wait, there is a kicker here.........he is working for, get this, Michaels, the arts and crafts store. Those who know me know that I spend an ample amount of time visiting that store every week (seriously, I could open a craft store with all that is crammed into my art room a.k.a. the guest room) and all of us crafty souls live for the Sunday paper and the 40% and 50% coupons that are stuffed in it each week. So here's a toast to knowing that all that I will be spending there now will be used to pay my husband's salary!!! WOOOOHOOOOO! Merry Christmas to us! I am so proud of him. I can't share all the details but let's just say that this may be the break he has been looking for!

1 comment:

A mom said...

Congrats Eric! Does this mean you will get great discounts?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...