Monday, March 24, 2008

A couple 10 or so jobs and I -heart- SIRIUS!

I've played mommy, chef, maid, plumber, chauffeur, laundress, errand runner, operator, transcriptionist, wifey, artist so far today and that's all I can remember at this point. Somewhere in that mess I was supposed to be a runner but that hasn't yet happened today. Wow, if I was paid for every job I do on a daily basis I'd be rich. Somehow I feel I am terribly underpaid *wink* though I do stand proud of my ability to do what I do and also for the ability to multi-task as well as I do.

It's Monday and the kids are back in school. As much as I wanted them to go back, read this as ready for them to be back in school, I sort of missed them here today. It was a little bit too quiet around here. I was welcomed back to work with a horrible dictator but such is life. I did my duty and did all 20-some jobs. He's horrible because he doesn't talk at all clear and in addition to that, he talks really fast so it's difficult to understand him. I was able to get the work done in a reasonable amount of time but doing certain dictation from certain dictators does put a damper in my ability to complete work in my usual quick manner and leave me ample time in my day to play.

Okay, I'm not sure about all of you out there in bloggerland but I've got to address this~while I was out playing chauffer and errand runner this afternoon I couldn't help but be forced to listen to the radio, local radio that is. And no, I guess I wasn't forced to listen to it since I could have brought along a CD to listen to but I rarely ever listen to CDs in the car since I have SIRIUS and all of my music is on my iPod so I don't usually think to even grab them before heading out the door. Sadly during the big deluge of rain we received last week my SIRIUS Orbiter took a rather large dump.

This unit is 3 1/2 years old. We got it before a road trip back to South Dakota in a winter storm - yes, we drove right straight through the middle of the storm to get home for a late Christmas but that's another story for another time and a trip I do not soon want to take again. Anyway, let me just say that at the time we were definitely not in a position for spending cash on something so extravagant but we decided that if we were going to be in the car for such a long time we would go ahead and splurge on this to keep our sanity plus my commute to work was also factored in at this point as well as the rebate for the full purchase price. SCORE! We all know how frustrating it is to be in the car traveling banging your head on the window trying to keep yourself awake or rolling down the window as the crisp air blows and cools everyone in the car off and wakes them up in the process as you continue to search for radio channels as they fade in and out while traveling down the highway, and listening to the same 10 CDs over and over didn't sound like fun to us so the Orbiter became our new best friend. Recently Eric has been asking me if I want to get a new receiver and when we look at them I can tell he is just dying to get a new one but I kept telling him that I was fine with the older-than-the-hills equipment I had and just could not justify spending the money when my coveted Orbiter was like my best friend in the car and functioning at full capacity. I love the large screen, love the ease of changing channels and I especially love saving channels on multiple bands which meant Eric and I could have our own separate pre-selected channels for when we were in the car. Wow~our very own selection of music saved forever in the bowels of the Orbiter for as long as we owned this huge, butt-ugly receiver with just the push of a button or two and the kids loved the remote. Quite handy if you are in the backseat of the car and no one is paying any attention to what is going on around them. Of course, Eric was never too keen on how it looks but I, being the ever responsible and thrifty girl that I am declined time after time. Well, I am in no position anymore to tell him that we don't need to purchase a new unit.

As of tomorrow, I will be the proud new owner of a Sportster 5. Eric got a great deal at SIRIUS for customers - 50% off. Gotta love a guy who is just as adamant about finding the best deal he can find as his wifey-poo is. Can I tell you just how happy I am to be able to have my radio back. This local radio crap is driving me insane. I realize how snobby this sounds but after having the SIRIUS and now being forced to listen to regular radio in the car, which I also do on bootcamp days with Trisha, I can say that satellite radio is truly the bomb. There is something for everyone out there. The kids have their favorites and Eric and I have our favorites and none of us have the same favorites. And I hear today that SIRIUS and XM have been okay'd to merge by the DOJ. Read more about this here. It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.

But as for me, I may drive around town like it's Sunday afternoon just so I can enjoy the sounds of the satellite and make friends with my new gadget!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...