Monday, August 04, 2008

This and That

*I heard today that Christina Applegate was diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer. Although she is expected to make a full recovery, it reinforces why I am again walking in the 3-Day....because everyone deserves a lifetime. The Susan G. Komen Foundation is such a wonderful cause and the walk is definitely a life-altering experience. And as I am realizing, life really does pass before our eyes way too fast regardless of circumstances and we all deserve a lifetime of experiences.

*Trying to fully grasp that in another 17 days my oldest will be 15. Yet another reason why I feel my life is really flying by. I swear I feel like I just graduated from high school. What happened over the last 21 years? Did I say 21 years? Can it really be?

*Did I mention my oldest will be 15. You know what this means, right? It means it is time for the first round of Driver's Ed. Stay tuned. Next round will be in another 2-1/2 years.

*Eric just sucked up our yearly quota of visiting lizards but if the heat doesn't let up I'm sure there will be more visitors. Love me some Gecko - NOT! I'd take a cockroach over a lizard any day and he feels the exact opposite. That's fine, he can deal with the slimy lizards and I will deal with the bugs. Match made in heaven. *insert angels singing here*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...