Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A bucket of nerves....

It's just about time to leave for the hospital. I didn't get much sleep last night. I spent most of the night laying there thinking about how much I hate IVs and how much pain I will be in when it is all over since it's all sketchy until the doctor is actually in. And my question is are they going to set the IV right this time or will it be another botched attempt. I no longer allow the nurses to touch me with needles. I did get to speak to my anesthesiologist last night and he seemed great. Hopefully it'll be a snap and I'll be off enjoying my 17 margarita cocktail, Top Shelf variety of course. I'm not a big fan of needles, or pain, but my tolerance for pain is quite high. Seems a little bassackwards but as long as I don't know it's coming I guess my brain really never realizes that it probably hurts worse than other things like my fear of needles. I'm just not into self-inflicted pain like the people I watch on Intervention. I would never make a very good drug addict because I can't handle the needles and I hate the way the pain meds make me feel so I guess I will never travel down that road. But I still am hating life right now.

See you when I am finally released from the hospital, hopefully tomorrow, when I'll have plenty of time to update and my bottles of meds are my best friends!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am thinking happy unicorn and Tiffany blue thoughts for you! With an iced hot chocolate and some pink German glitter glass (not mixed together)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...