Monday, November 08, 2010

one week in & day 4 of {21} challenge

So I just took a gander at the calendar {ooohhh....I made a rhyme} and it reads today is Monday, November 8th.  Now that may seem like a *duh* moment to some of you but to me I am trying to figure out just where that first week of this short month has gone.  I really hope this month isn't a repeat of last month and I'm sitting here on November 30th scratching my head asking myself what the heck I just did for the entire past month and going crazy trying to figure out why time is passing by at the speed of sound.  Geez...slow down already.

It is day 4 of The {21} Challenge.  I've been doing okay so far.  I will tell you that I have to think and be conscious in my thoughts.  I've been working on being very present and accepting when Eric pays me complements which is never a rare thing...he is always talking me up and he truly means it.  That's been a big struggle for me considering the best complement I ever got in my prior life was that I looked like a "beached whale" when I was pregnant and that I looked good enough to work at a strip club.  Yeah....that's what I was told, among other things, by my ex.  I won't bore you with the disgusting details, although at this point sometimes I feel like I should write a book because it would read just like a Lifetime movie and that sort of enthralls me to think that maybe I could become rich due to all that shit I dealt with.  That would be a positive payoff, I'm telling you!  I know I am lucky now to have such a great guy who thinks I am great and he truly means it.  And it's really nice to know he is always "looking" at me and reminding me of that as well.  Oh, the perks of being a Cougar.  On a more serious note though, it's been a bit difficult but I'm trying very hard to make this stick and to make a new tape to play over and over in my head.  Years and years of what I hate to call abuse (but honestly, there truly isn't another way to define it) really can stick it's ugly little tentacles in and hang out for periods of time you would be surprised by.  It isn't something that just goes away.  You have to consciously work on it and be aware because it creeps back and bites you in the butt when you least expect it. You can follow Rhonna's prompts on her blog daily here.  It's not too late to join in or heck, do one on your own.  We all have things we can work on, things we want to do better, things we need to change, things we need to find the time for but just don't make that time to do.  It's all about becoming your best self.


The "red" cups are finally in at Starbucks for the holiday season.  I love the messages on them...there are several different designs.  Here is another design.  Sadly I didn't actually keep my cup or the sleeve.....not sure where my head was that night.  But never fear, I will be visiting as often as I can to get my fill of my favorite holiday drinks before they are gone until next holiday season and I will probably hoard the cups and use the excuse that I am going to create something with them.  *smile*

Ahhhh.....my favorite time of the year happened at 2 a.m. Sunday morning when we knocked our clocks back an hour, better known as "falling back".  An extra hour of sleep, an extra hour of darkness at night...only my two most favorite things about being on normal time and saying buh*bye to that goofy Daylight Savings Time.  Sorry...I sort of function better when it's dark.  I also like it when my kids don't have to go to school in the dark.  I'm just sayin'.  It sort of seems a little wrong for the kids to be fetching the bus before Mr. Sun comes up for the day.

Imagine how mortified I was when in 2007 after the passage of the Energy Policy Act in 2005 extended the time change a month, pushing it back two weeks in the fall and pushing it up two weeks in the spring....a whole month less of standard time....hoping it would save 10,000 barrels of oil each day through reduced power of businesses during daylight hours.  Somehow I'm not sure that really helps save any oil because it's just as cold as it's going to be and the days are just as long as they always have been no matter what the clock says.  I don't see how that will ever change the use of oil because business do not adjust their business schedules by when the sun comes up and goes down.  But hey, I'm just a little person whose opinion doesn't amount to much.

Today was my first day of my Homesteader's Metalsmithing e-course by Stephanie Lee and I am loving it already.  Tomorrow we break out the fire and I couldn't be more excited!  Good things ahead....I can feel it!

I've found a few really fun and inspiring online magazines with wonderful ideas for the holidays.  Please go check them out.


Now get to it~you have absolutely no reason not to get crafting for the holidays.  Consider this your gentle reminder....only 47 days until Christmas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...