Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful

We woke up to dipping temps, cold north wind and cloud cover.  Within the first few hours that I was up the temperature had dropped 10 degrees.  We are sitting at 37 with the "feels like" temp at 27 so it's definitely a blustery day.  It cracks me up when I see that "feels like" because it's just a fancy way of saying wind chill.  Why try to hide it, just say it already...that's what it is.  I'm just sayin'!  Yes, for all you haters of cold I am truly reveling in this and so is my sweet family.  This makes us so happy!  The only thing we are missing is snow!  Seventeen years ago, when Tanner was just a newborn in 1993, on this day we had an ice and sleet filled day but no snow.  Since Dallas always hosts one of the Thanksgiving Day games they hosted the Miami Dolphins in what has been referred to as the Ice Bowl.  It was a crazy, crazy day that day and I spent it with friends in The Colony with Tanner.  Read more about that day here.

The husband and I have been doing a lot of cooking the past few days so we're going to relax and enjoy all the goodies we have cooked up and spend time being thankful and to try not to eat til our bellies feel like Santa Claus!  That's what Taryn says when she eats too much and her belly feels so full and it's funny how she does it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family.  I am so very grateful to be able to be a part of your lives and sad we couldn't all be together for the holiday.

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...